Sunday, December 30, 2012

Running in Sand

[post snow storm run]

Despite big plans, December has proved to be almost as tough for me running-wise as November! It just seems like I went from extreme busy-ness and sick kids to ME being the sick one. That stomach bug took days and days to get over and then I moved right into this chest cold that has taken a big toll. 

On Wednesday I was feeling kind of "ick" and didn't run in the morning. Then I had a busy day at work (with 2 kiddos... yikes) and by the time dinner was over, I was just beat. I was all set to get my jammies on. But I couldn't resist Hana and Abi's sweet request to join them for some Just Dance on the Wii. After a few songs, I was laughing so hard. They crack me up. And I realized I felt a bit better.  

That was the night of our snow storm. Snow was falling, fast but not too furious. And I just wanted to get out. So I took Perry and we went out for 2 slow miles. Running in the fresh stuff was like running in sand!  But it was beautiful, magical. 

Just a good reminder that sometimes you have to just go, even when you don't really feel like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment