Saturday, November 3, 2012

C-C-Chicago!


 The whirlwind week continues!  Rather than bore you with the details, it has involved lots of work (like work-work, the junk I actually get paid for) including late nights - which almost NEVER happens, and lots of planning-work. Long story short, flights are booked, hotel is booked, and, as of Friday afternoon, Colombian visas obtained!

This is something quite different than our ET trips. We had to actually visit the Colombian  Consulate in Chicago and apply in person (yay, more paperwork!). For some reason, this all stressed me out immensely and for no reason.  It took just over an hour and we were good to go! Heck, it was almost a date.  If driving 6 hours and spending 2 in a DMV-like atmosphere counts as a date... 

(side note, I was somewhat underwhelmed with the Consulate. I guess in my mind it sounded fancy. It was not.  The Egyptian Consulate was across the hall and we did see leather furniture in there... Hmmm)





You can tell these are "after" pictures, because I am smiling and not feeling like I'm going to vomit.  Seriously, this week was stressful... 

1 comment:

  1. I would love to hear about your consulate experience and what you needed from them. I will be traveling in January and am hoping to go soon to get my visa. I live right outside of Chicago.

    Natalie

    ReplyDelete