Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Gratitude

"No one who achieves success does so without the help of others.
The wise and confident acknowledge this help with gratitude
."

Alfred North Whitehead

 
"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget
that the highest appreciation is not to utter words,
 but to live by them."
John Fitzgerald Kennedy


We're pretty big on saying "thank you" at our house.  
We do our best to remind our kids to say it at every appropriate opportunity. 

Yet, sometimes, thank you is just not enough.  
And sometimes, there are so many "thank yous" to be said, that some get missed.

This post is my feeble attempt to rectify these oversights.

The past few weeks have passed in a blur.  Preparations for Colombia have consumed much of our extra attention. Despite this, life has continued on and we have cross country banquets to attend, conferences, and other such events. Life is full and wonderful and crazy. 

In our haste to be prepared for our upcoming travels, our attention has been here and there. Preparing lists and info for those watching our kids. Stocking up the pantry. Getting a head start on Christmas shopping. Re-organizing the boys' room. Working ahead on work projects.

My brain has been a mess. I have had to ask and re-ask stupid questions. I have failed to keep on the same page with Mark and my mom and others. Things that seem quite plain to me are (in reality) a mystery to those who can't read my mind.  

In short, I'm sure I'm rather frustrating to be around.

Yet, this is certainly not an excuse to allow my thanks and gratitude to slide by the wayside.  

So today, as impersonal and public as a blog post is, I am taking a moment to breathe.  To say Thank You to the very many who have supported us, prayed for us, believed in us.  Your kind words, prayers, financial and other support have not gone unnoticed or unappreciated.  People have been coming out of the wood work to help with our children while we are gone. Friends, neighbors and family have surrounded us in love.  

We are incredibly blessed.  There are not enough "thank yous" in the world to cover it. But this is my small attempt to try. Thank you, thank you, thank you. All.  


No comments:

Post a Comment