Thursday, March 8, 2012

Three Things Thursday - Obsession Edition

(1) I am realizing more and more that I get a bit obsessive... A couple of years ago, I went through a sewing/crafting phase. Poured over all the great crafty blogs and websites and handmade a bunch of gifts. It was a lot of fun.  I collected all these random odds and ends and great fabrics... which are now piled up in my basement craft corner (aka storage nightmare) because I just don't have time right now. And if I had more time, crafts are not rising to the top of the list... Kind of sad though.  I do miss it.

(2) The end of my crafting obsession coincided neatly with running interest. :) This is fairly logical - running starting taking up extra time that I might have used for crafting or sewing before.  However, it was more than time though - I started deleting some of the crafting blogs from my google reader to make more time for the running blogs. :)  My entire focus seemed to shift. 

(3) I am seeing this interest-shift kick in again now with the adoption.  Our extra time is being eaten up by paperwork, appointments, and adoption education training.  I'm researching timelines and travel tips... In and of itself, this is not a bad thing. I'm beginning to accept that this is just how I am.  I move from interest to interest and sometimes circle back again. That's okay.  My bigger concern is that running and a healthy diet need to be more than a mere "interest" for me.  For awhile, I was successfully running 4-6 days/week, many of the workouts were planned and included goal paces, etc.  The last few weeks I have been lucky to scrape 3 runs each week and am really starting to feel the drop in frequency when I am trying to finish those brutal long runs. :( I've noticed that when my stress kicks up (which is inevitable for me with adoption!) I am more inclined to reach for chocolate than my running shoes. Boo.  Walking a fine line here!


No comments:

Post a Comment