Monday, January 28, 2013

Bayshore Training Wk 2 - What week two?

So, this will be a short post.  I mentioned in my week 1 recap that I was pretty sick last Saturday, but I was able to get my long run in Sunday. Unfortunately, things went downhill from there. Tuesday found me in urgent care, with another doctor visit on Friday. The long and short is that it was a nasty upper respiratory infection (viral) that caused horrendously painful ear infections (like keep-you-up-all-night-crying-curled-into- the-fetal-position-infections).  Add in some wicked fatigue, sore throat and general feeling rotten-ness... well, it was a rough week.

Then, as a fun after-effect, my ears plugged up and I lost my voice. So, I can't really hear well or speak very well. Lovely. My husband said if someone stole my glasses, I would have to communicate like Helen Keller. (Not very PC I suppose, but it made me laugh.)

Result?  No running. :(

All week. 

I'm not going into this training with a ton of confidence, so this wasn't exactly what I needed, but I also knew that making myself even sicker was not going to help matters.  I hope to start this Monday off with my scheduled run, taking it easy, and fingers crossed things can get back to normal! 

And even MORE fingers crossed that this crud moves out of our house soon! Seems like SOMEONE has been sick since we got back from Colombia. Need some health in this house soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment