Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Ouch

I am so tempted to include a photo with this post.  But since I think my feet are pretty icky on a good day, adding in the black/blue/purple nature is just not something I am willing to tie to my name on the internet. 

Oh, and why is my foot black/blue/purple?

Because I'm a clumsy fool.  Sigh.

On Monday morning, I set my alarm early for an 8-10 miler. I apparently shut it off. :( I still got up at a decent time... but made my kids waffles instead. No matter. Throw in a load of laundry, sort some clothes with Ally and I'd be off and running (even if it was hot as heck).  Head down to the laundry (in the basement) and

WHAM.

Oh no.

I seriously fell down it hurt so stinking badly. Somehow, I managed to trip on this folded table thing and slam my 3rd and 4th toes right into it (mostly the 4th). It was pretty sore, but not too bad.  I thought I would try and run anyway. Got changed, Abi decided to go with me so we set off.  I didn't make it more than a couple of steps. :(

By this point, I am starting to freak out and exaggerate. What if its broken? Does that mean I can't run? How long? Do I just run anyway? CAN I just run anyway? (seriously hurt and made me feel like a whiner!)

By the end of the day, I can barely walk and the bruise has spread down the toes to the base of my foot. Ugh.

I ended up picking up some athletic tape and taped my mid-3 toes together. This has helped quite a bit and I can now walk normally. I am hoping to take a few days off running (well, technically down 2 already!) and maybe try my stationary bike? I am nervous about taking more than a week. This month is prime training time and I just don't have the wiggle room in my schedule.  The marathon is only about 6 weeks away.  Yikes.  Yet, I know making it worse is not going to help me in the long run.

Going to take it a day at a time and try not to be super frustrated with myself (and super cranky to others...).  No easy task. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment