Thursday, April 12, 2012

Lunchtime Run

So I have been consistently sleeping through my 5 a.m. alarm (Mark LOVES this) and NOT getting my runs in before work. :  / Yesterday, I at least partially made up for it by going for a run at lunch. The day was too beautiful to pass up!  I didn't push the pace at all - just wanted to enjoy the 4 miles.


So nice to enjoy a new area. Flowering trees were in abundance!  As was the sunshine.
 
 My favorite!  The lilacs are out!!

Unfortunately, my luck ran out around mile three.  I was cruising up a slight hill and checking out a side street when WHAM. My foot caught on an uneven part of the sidewalk, jamming my toe. Of course, my un-graceful self went flying.  I banged up my knees and skinned up my hands.

Boo.  

Could've been worse, but still. Highly embarrassing.  All in all, an excellent run. I haven't gone on my lunch break in ages. I forgot how it energizes me for the rest of the day!  And makes me super-hungry too.

No comments:

Post a Comment