Friday, April 13, 2012

Fast Friday!

Another quick running-related post! After another morning of turning off my alarm (sorry Mark...) I decided at the last minute to throw some running clothes in my bag for a quick lunch run.  I was pleasantly surprised that I had time for 4 miles. It might sound strange, but I enjoy running 4 miles so much more than running 3. Probably because no matter how many I run, the first 2 miles SUCK. Anyone else have this problem?

Anyhoo - another beautiful day!  I got a new phone recently and am l.o.v.i.n.g. the improved camera. So I take photos of random stuff. :)

I love the stone along this sidewalk. Cooler in person though.

 I took this because the house behind me is just so neat. Love the old houses in these downtown neighborhoods. Of course, you can barely see the house in the photo, but whatever. I was running. :)

 Flowering trees during the last mile.  Seriously love these.
My view while stretching out.  That mural was painted a year or two ago (?) as part of Art Prize. I love these funky additions that downtown has picked up in the last few years. 

4.02 miles in about 42 minutes. A very comfortable 10:33 pace.  I purposely did not look at my watch and ran by feel, but I was glad to see I was well below 11 min/mile.  Progress. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment