Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas Favorites...

I have several posts rattling around in my head, but zero time to get them out. Between sick kids (five of the six) and sick ME and Mark (who is STILL sick), it's been a rough couple of weeks.

So, I'm stealing this little survey from Bari. :)

1.  Favorite Christmas Album/CD/Song:

I love the classics, especially the ones that remind me of advent/ church services as a child. BUT if I'm really honest, my ultimate fav is this gem from Hanson (yup, the mmmBop guys):





2.  Run on Christmas morning or take the day off? I would normally say day off for sure, but this year I MAY try and sneak one in if I can. There are a few reasons for this but the primary two are that we are skipping most of our usual holiday-hussle-and-bussle this year so we are getting plenty of family time (hence, I won't feel terrible if I leave for 30 min or so). Also, I am THIS close to meeting my mileage goal for the year, but it's going to be tight.  I want to hit that number.  ;) 

3.  What do you usually eat on Christmas morning? We actually don't really have a tradition for this. I have tried different things, but generally the kids could care less. :) Mark bought some big muffins for this year so at least that's easy.

4.  Favorite holiday or Christmas tradition?  Tough call, but I think it is probably ornaments. Growing up, my parents bought us each an ornament every year, usually something that reminded them of us that particular year. We try and do the same with our kids.  Our tree is getting rather full though!

5.  Real tree, fake tree, or no tree? Fake. I've never had a real tree. I'm allergic and we found out Ally is TERRIBLY allergic. So fake all the way. Works.

6.  Christmas pajamas, yay or nay? This is another tradition I enjoy. We gift the kids new PJs on Christmas Eve. They are usually not holiday themed but they are comfy. Kids wear them that night. Upside - no ratty PJs in Christmas morning photos :)

7.  Where do you spend the holidays? This year, all at home. We bowed out of most holiday parties in order to just catch up and let Jhon settle into our family. We usually celebrate with Mark's family early in December and mine Christmas Eve but traditions are changing. Not sure what next year will bring.  Looking forward to seeing my brother's family next weekend!  Miss those kids so much.

8.  Food that you always have during the holiday season/favorite Christmas treat? Sugar cookies?  We rarely bake those any other time of year. Also, love me some Buckeyes. Hoping to make some tomorrow but we'll see... 

9.  Open presents all at once or take turns? Definitely take turns. Otherwise, it's over in 2 minutes! We don't do many gifts per child, but with six kids, it can last a little while if you take turns. :) 

10. Favorite Christmas(ish) movie?  Tough call. I think I'd have to go with White Christmas. It's been a favorite since forever. More modern one would definitely be Elf. :) I watched Elf last night with the kids and they laughed at me and how hard I laughed (felt like I was channeling you mom!).  But seriously, "Santa!  I KNOW him!"  It's hilarious. 




No comments:

Post a Comment