Sunday, September 9, 2012

My Baby Boy's Birthday

Today JS turns 5.  In Colombia.  I had big plans to cook Colombian food today in celebration, but that didn't quite work out.  Instead, all 7 of us held hands and sang him happy birthday before bed tonight.  It was bittersweet. Still no word on our official referral or planned travel dates. The chance of bringing him home this year is fading away.  Will likely be late January... or even longer. :(  I wish I could have seen his face light up at the sound of 5 siblings singing to him, blowing out his candles and ripping into a gift.  I hope that he was able to celebrate his birthday in some way.

So I take a deep breath, and look forward to celebrating his sixth birthday next year.

And pray. Pray for news. For movement, progress.  Pray for JS...

No comments:

Post a Comment