Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sounds of Sunday

Lately, I have been struggling with the darker sides of adoption. The trauma, the loss, the many opportunities for ethical failings... It's a tough topic and there are no clear answers.  The more I educate myself, the more confused I become.

I look at my beautiful family and it is difficult to reconcile that joy with the underlying sadness that accompanies any adoption.

Anyway, these are things that have been swirling through my mind more and more as we move through paperwork for JS.  I have been silently praying, seeking a sign of comfort.  I received that glimmer at church this morning during worship.  The band sang "Mighty to Save" (see below). I can't quite put my finger on it, but the music, the lyrics... I just felt some of that sadness and worry lift from my heart.  I don't have all the answers.  The tough stuff is still there. But He is might to save.



Saviour, He can move the mountains,

My God is mighty to save,
He is mighty to save
Forever, author of salvation,
He rose and conquered the grave
Jesus conquered the grave

So take me as you find me
All my fears and failures
Fill my life again

I give my life to follow
Everything that i believe in
Now i surrender (and i surrender)




No comments:

Post a Comment