Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Ready... Set... DO LIFE!

It's not fair! It's only January (barely the 2nd week!) and I already feel like I'm playing catch-up.  Grrrr... I had all these plans to sit down and draft some concrete yearly goals and make up some schedules...

Yeah.  I failed to schedule in enough time to schedule.  : /

So, let's just skip ahead shall we?  :)
 [photo source: Do Life website]

A few weeks ago I was reading the January issue of Runner's World, which featured "real people." This feature included a man named Ben Davis, which introduced me to his "Do Life" movement

If you are interested in learning about Ben Davis, I suggest you watch this youtube video (very moving and motivating). I won't go into great detail here.  Anyhoo.

The inspiring Mr. Davis issued a 12-week challenge:

[source:  Ben's blog]

This gist of it is there are weekly challenges related to health and well-being, you check in weekly and (of course) there are prizes. :) More importantly, for me it provides some accountability and thinking out-of-the box.  

Well, we are now into week 2, but I didn't quite getting around to participating in week 1.  :(  See my problems with scheduling and planning, above. So, I'm schmushing the 2 weeks together. I'll be using the blog as a journal to keep track of my progress and stay accountable.

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment