Thursday, November 10, 2011

Three Things Thursday - Birthday Edition!

(1) Whew.  What a week.  I turned 30 on Tuesday.  That was pretty epic. Well, not turning 30 exactly, but my birthday fun generally. :)  My friends and family surprised me (like seriously surprised me) with an amazing party on Saturday. It was so great. The only bad part was that I didn't have nearly enough time to visit with everyone. 

  (I told you I was surprised)

My crazy-awesome sister in law volunteered to host this party, which was pretty awesome in and of itself, but she also decorated in a Harry Potter theme!  I don't have any good photos (I was too busy talking to take pictures!) but I hope to have some coming.  In the photo below, you can see me with both of Mark's sisters in the "Forbidden Forrest".  :)


(yes, that's a super-happy face)

(2) Tomorrow is Veteran's Day.  I truly believe this is a wonderful day and that veterans should be honored for their incredible commitment and sacrifice.  However, I am rather excited because I have the day off work. Yay for government employment!  I am going to celebrate by having some lab work done.  (Boooo!) And going for a run that exceeds 3 miles (yay!)  

(3) Speaking of running, still feeling in a bit of a rut.  When I get out there, 90% of the time I am loving it (some runs just feel a bit ick, so there's your 10%).  But with the weather getting worse and the days getting shorter and darker, I am really struggling with keeping running as a priority.  :( This has got to change, especially with the holidays coming. I am seriously considering picking a race soon that I would have to start training for.  I just still think I need that kind of motivation right now...   But I don't feel like paying for another race.  Bah.

On the upside, the cooler temps have definitely pushed me to run faster.  I really need to continue to work on my speed.  It would make training for a half marathon a whole lot easier if 13 miles took me less than 2.5 hours to run. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment